Telefónica is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world in terms of market capitalization and number of customers. With its best in class mobile, fixed and broadband networks, and innovative portfolio of digital solutions, Telefónica is transforming itself into a ‘Digital Telco’.
The company has a significant presence in 21 countries and a customer base that amounts more than 327 million accesses around the world. Telefónica has a strong presence in Spain, Europe and Latin America, where the company focuses an important part of its growth strategy.
Telefonica has more than 15 years of experience in the market of emergencies and public safety providing products and services to its customers.
It is specialized in different types of solution for emergency centers, providing first solutions for the some of the most important emergency centers in Spain.
Over 65% of emergency calls generated in Spain are attended using systems provided or powered by Telefonica.
Telefonica is also expert in deploying radio communications like SIRDEE, which is the communications systems (based on TETRAPOL) used by police officers and other security forces in Spain.
As a global service and communications operator and emergency system integrator Telefonica has a complete vision of the emergency process, from the service user to resource management.
In the process of implementation of Emergency Centers, Telefonica helps their customers in the following key tasks:
• Operations analysis based on service needs and the current situation
• Definition and planning of change management activities
• Cooperation with the agencies, in an effort to stipulate protocol and methodology
• Evolution of the Technological Platform
• Management of the complete incident cycle, by means of the appropriate channel, taking into account the various factors: (citizens, management operatives and intervention, and so on)
Telefónica, offers turn-key projects that include or may include the following phases:
• Process consulting
• Technology consulting
• Supply, installation and commissioning of the technology platform
• Data model customization
• Support and maintenance services
The Telefonica’s Emergency Management Integrated System, called SENECA, is a platform designed to support the emergency management process occurring in the Emergency Operation Centers and PSAPs (112/911, Police, Firefighters and Rescue Services, Health Emergency Services, Public Safety Agencies...).
SÉNECA offers the ability to attend emergency requests and quickly collect all necessary information to solve it. It facilitates coordinated decision-making, and the control and management of the necessary resources to face the emergency and return to normality.
SÉNECA can integrate different technologies related with communication platforms (fixed and mobile phone, radio, SMS, video, etc.), audio recorders, GIS (via ESRI platforms), AVL systems, etc.
There are 5 operational products available in the SENECA Emergency Suite (SES):
• SÉNECA Multi-Agency (112/911)
• SÉNECA Health (Medical Emergency)
• SÉNECA Public Safety
• SÉNECA Fire & Rescue
SENECA consists of a set of elements (hardware, software, procedures, facilities, telecommunications infrastructure, and resources) that enable emergency management from various aspects:
• Receive emergency requests (demand management).
• Management agencies must respond to the emergency.
• Control and resource mobilization that resolved.
• Resource management and communication with them.
• Management of global emergency plans (definition, testing, etc).
• Generation associated reports, etc.
At a functional level:
• Solutions for all phases of operation: demand response and command and control.
• Module Reports and statistics for analysis and decision making.
• Attention and integration of calls from people with hearing disabilities.
• High degree of configurability and parameterization of the solution to the user profile.
At the technological level:
• Technological infrastructure based on market standards and industry.
• email phone, SMS, radio, IVR, fax, internet:
• Integration with leading telephony communications solutions and CTI.
• Integration with radio communications.
• Integration with call recording.
• Geographic Information System (GIS) fully integrated.
• Full integration with AVL and GPS systems.
A business level:
• Product evolving: mobility solutions, new channels (social networks,
• video call), including emergency simulators, etc.
• Strategic agreements with the best partners in the market.
Manager at Telefonica